Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Creating Conservation Podcast is out there!

Hi Friends,
If you have any interest in checking out my podcast on Soundcloud, I would really appreciate it.  Episode 1 is live at https://soundcloud.com/user-619395201

I created the podcast for my masters capstone (Goucher College - Masters in Environmental Studies) because I thought it would be a unique and totally challenging project for me.  It definitely proved to be.  I have much respect for all of the podcasters out there who work so hard to produce free content for listeners.  Podcast producing is a difficult project, especially for some one as...shall we say...technologically challenged.

If you are new to podcasts, don't judge them by mine!  There are many gems out there that are far better produced, better hosted, better written... That being said, if you are a podcast warrior, then please cut me some slack!  I'm a total newbie :)

Creating Conservation Podcast Summary:

Creating Conservation is a one-on-one interview style podcast with informal, friendly, and
sometimes funny conversations about wildlife conservation topics, and tips for living an
environmentally conscious lifestyle. In the show, I will speak with "real" people that I meet at
environmental, wellness, or wildlife focused events, as well as researchers and other
conservation professionals. I will be speaking to my guests about their lives, their inspirations,
their education, and their unique career paths. Additionally, I will be asking them about their
feelings on the state of conservation in the modern world, and their feelings on how the state
of conservation in the modern world makes them feel on a personal level. Creating
Conservation seeks to provide an entry-level look at the lives of conservation conscious
people and serves as an invitation to the public who may be curious or even anxious about the
topics. No matter the level of education the listener might have, they will never be made to
feel inferior or in over their heads when listening to the episodes. Most importantly, Creating
Conservation will take an in depth look at compassion fatigue and how it can profoundly affect
caring and empathetic people. Experts on the subject will provide helpful tips on how to
remain sane amid all of the bad news, and offer tips on how one can become invigorated about
collective efforts to create conservation whenever, and however, we can. I’ve named the show
Creating Conservation to indicate that it can serve as a starting point into the conservation
world, can introduce creative ways to be involved in conservation, and can help a listener who
might be suffering with compassion fatigue to create wellness in their lives.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Allie, I thoroughly enjoyed your first episode!
    I believe being a wildlife Conservationist is a life style. Its being aware of how you live your life effects others. Our consuming habits do effect the environment, wildlife, and other humans. Being cognizant of that is a responsibility we all need to be aware of. I also believe that being a wildlife conservationist main goal is being a steward of the planet to conserve wildlife in a sustainable way.

    I enjoyed the segment on compassion fatigue. Personally for me I know that whatever entertainment we choose it fills our heads with thoughts and consumes us. I definitely limit my time on Facebook, because it's mostly negative entertainment. I thoroughly make an effort to get out an explore nature. I suffer from depression and anxiety so exercise is important for me, excercise rejuvenates the body and mind. Also my faith helps me cope with everything.

    I am BIG on recycling! I started a "Green waste management system" at my place of employment. I recycle our waste, and make sure all waste is disposed of in a environmentally friendly way. As a steward of the earth I think its important for me to make sure others and myself are not polluting. I do this, even if I feel like others don't care! It makes me sleep well at night knowing I am doing all I can to make a difference.

    Thanks Allie!❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women's saddle bags
    are the most popular accessory for women. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors. The prices of these handbags vary from a few hundred dollars to $10,000.

    The most expensive fashion handbags are usually made of leather and have designer labels on them. For example, a Louis Vuitton bag is made of high-quality leather and has the brand’s logo on it. It can cost up to $10,000!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am BIG on recycling! I started a "Green waste management system" at my place of employment. I recycle our waste

    ReplyDelete